At the beginning of February, VETRO team members kicked off our Trade Show season in sunny South Beach, Miami at Capacity Media’s Metro Connect, USA, an annual meeting for US digital infrastructure leadership teams.
VETRO CEO, Will Mitchell, along with Director of Business Development, Sean Dundon, and Senior Enterprise Account Executive, Jonathan Flack, strategized with existing customers like Surf Broadband Solutions and new customers like IQ Fiber, about scaling their businesses during this unprecedented time of growth for broadband.
They were excited to see VETRO’s good friend and customer John Scarano, the CEO of Wyyerd, bringing a new technology business to the US. Beexact is a mobile mapping solution that is meant for rapid field survey to streamline fiber builds. They also spent time with Biarri CEO Paul Silusz. Biarri is elevating their design automation game and we have many customers bringing those designs into VETRO every day.
Some other integrative partners that were in attendance were Vitruvi, CDG, Render, IDI and ConnectBase (formerly Connected2Fiber, great coming out party with the new name! See photo of their party below!)
Topics of Discussion
A few major topics of discussion during MetroConnect 2022:
1. Are we meeting the demands for our digital infrastructure?
2. What deals are driving the industry forward?
3. The year ahead will break records for infrastructure spending including over-building and greenfield projects, the growth of the Edge, IoT and last but certainly not least, Fiber to the Home (FTTH). All of this activity has brought new investors to our space to leverage subsidy and be first to market.
4. Sustainability was a hot topic and ESG is now incorporated into the business strategy as a metric which drives investment (ESG is informing valuations). How will our digital infra ecosystem meet these new parameters, and what are companies doing to build in sustainability to their long-term operation?
5. A key theme we picked up on was the market demand for more modern interoperable software systems that can string together to support end to end workflow and maximize efficiency. The fiber builders at MetroConnect are preparing to build fast and scale and they know they can’t rely on legacy siloed solutions. VETRO is excited to be positioned as a modern and integrated platform, tailor made to meet this new challenge head on.
It was a successful and energizing start to Trade Shows 2022!
About VETRO, Inc.
VETRO builds software that makes it radically simpler and faster for broadband providers to plan, design, build, and operate their fiber optic networks. Our map-based SaaS platform is easier to use and more powerful than traditional tools, and enables network owners, operators and sponsors to benefit from a modern, integrated, and connected digital hub for their physical network assets. We deliver Internet Infrastructure Intelligence.